Welcome to our first newsletter for 2018…
…and our first for a number of years as Hobart Basketball.
For those who are new to the club Hobart Basketball was formed in 1990 and has a long history of success both on and off the court under this name and for several years as Phoenix Basketball. The restructure of basketball in Southern Tasmania in 2018 has allowed us to return to using Hobart whilst also keeping the Phoenix presence.
In February the club undertook a Strategic Planning Workshop and have now set our priorities for 2018 and also our focus areas for the next 3-5 years.
We have already started to work through some of these including;
- Developing a new logo / brand
- Replacing all uniforms and merchandise
- Building a new website
- Writing a new club song (I tried to get Good Old Phoenix forever)
- Purchasing new training/playing equipment
- Partnering with new sponsors
- Filling the vacant positions on the board
Where to from here?
There is still a lot of work to do as we strive to become the best association possible.
- Develop strong relationships with schools in our catchment zone
- Develop scholarship programs for coaches, players & referees
- Source funding for families who struggle to join our great game
- Lower the cost of participating
- Develop inclusive policies and practices
- Develop a high performance program
- Maintain our current sponsors and continue to add new ones
Hobart Basketball Association Vision
To be the leading Association, at a regional and state level, providing basketball opportunities in Tasmania.